If you like music there are two main ways of getting involved:
Around the Piano
Fr Stephen organises monthly mini-concerts ‘Around the Piano.’ These last about 20 minutes – and usually involve more than one person. That makes it easier, as you do not need to fill 20 minutes on your own! Do you play an instrument or do you sing? Want to perform? Have a word with him!
Seasonal Choir Projects
We aim to have 4 seasonal Choir Projects per year. The advantage is that you only need to commit for a limited period of time: usually 3 rehearsals and a performance (and you need to commit to at least 2 rehearsals).
The next project is for All Souls Sunday (see below), 5th November 2023 and there will be a Christmas one -details to follow.
All Souls Choir Project
This is a way to join an exciting choir project without signing your life away. It’s an ideal and fail-proof way of trying out whether this sort of thing is for you. We aim to have 4 choir projects a year, the next one is for All Souls.
- People of all abilities and experiences are welcome to join.
- You do not have to be able to read sheet music.
- Each voice will be supported by a professional singer you can follow and ‘hang on to’ – making things both stable and easier. This also means that the project cannot fail, the professionals will carry everybody along.
- I am delighted that Leicester based musician, teacher, singer, organist, pianist and conductor John Gull has accepted leading this project at St Andrew’s.
The three rehearsals at St Andrew’s 7pm – 8:30pm are (you need to able to firmly commit to at least two of those):
- Tuesday 10th October 2023
- Wednesday 25th October 2023
- Wednesday 1 November 2023
On All Souls Sunday 5th November the project choir will sing during the 10.30am Mass at St Andrew’s.